Creating something from nothing is very difficult. While entrepreneurs find many financial and bureaucratic obstacles when it comes to launching their ideas, they also have to face their own fears of failure. And it is that when a person is going to do something as transcendental in their life as starting a new business, they should not hesitate for a moment.
As we know that this is not an easy task so we explain below 10 steps to follow on how to undertake successfully. Read them carefully and let your fears go away. It’s time to start!
Steps to follow:
1. Before undertaking any type of project you should ask yourself the following question: is this what I want? If what you are about to start is something that you are not passionate about, surely you will not put the enthusiasm that a new project needs, and the chances of it going wrong will skyrocket. Also, remember that scabies doesn’t taste itchy! If you have fun doing what you do, you will not care so much when things start to go a little bad. Try to do what you love because it is the best way to give 100% on something.
2. Keep in mind that big projects need an original and creative person to give them life in their mind, but carrying it out in real life is somewhat more complicated than that, so you don’t have to worry about asking for help. Teamwork always works out better and is more fun than lonely tasks. You can consider practicing coworking so that other people compensate for your weaknesses and vice versa. Of course, in every group, there must be a leader who holds him together and on the right track.
3. Ideas are good as a raw material to start working, but make sure they don’t just stay in it: in simple ideas flying in the cloud of your thoughts. Write down everything that is interesting for your project so that you can then draw up a strategic plan based on several consecutive objectives.
It is very important to point the way forward and be clear about what stops we are going to make before reaching our final destination.
4. Despite what was said in the previous step, it is fine to walk with our feet on the ground, but who forbids us to dream? Keeping our thoughts one step beyond what we are touching is essential for the future. We must be aware of the present and our immediate possibilities but we cannot conform to it. Nobody put a brake on your expectations. Break all the barriers you find on your way to the top.
5. To reach the top you should not only believe in your project or start-up, but you must also become it. There is a big difference between who is content to say ‘I am the creator of this’, and who says ‘I am the creator and the ultimate fan of this’. You have to become the product or service you sell, know it better than anyone else, and know-how to sell it to your worst enemies. This task consists solely of faith, if you do not have faith that your project is the best, you will never be able to transmit it to anyone, and that is not only enough to feel it, you must transmit it. Take your contact list and start telling everyone.
6. As we mentioned in step 1, failure is not so bad if you have fun at work. This is the beltway to scare away your worst fears. If we accept that our company or project can fail and we are still 100% excited about it, questions like ‘what if I fail?’ They will disappear from our heads.
On the other hand, failing or not is something subjective that will depend on the objectives that we have imposed on ourselves. If we set realistic goals, it will be easier not to fall into a sea of frustrations.
7. Do what nobody does, or do things as nobody does. Being new is essential in today’s world. The market is saturated with thousands of the same products and services, only those who make the difference have a secure future. Think about why your project is necessary for the world and make everyone see it, in this sense it is essential to be up to date on new technologies. As Darwin said, those who adapt best to survive.
8. Control the risks. It is clear that if you do not risk you do not win, but you must put a red line to your risks. In terms of financing, there must be a balance between debt and investment, if you have a good product or service, your best way to know what margins of maneuver you have is through your own clients. If you win many in a short time and get loyalty to your customers you can risk more than if you are not in that situation.
9. To undertake successfully you must be attentive to your environment, monitor the competition, stay informed of the news, and recycle constantly. These are some of the duties that you must perform daily to maintain your success.
Also train as much as you can: take courses, attend conventions, read books. You should know how your project is going at all times but also how the competition is going. Knowing the market is also vitally important to discover what niches are left to cover.
10. Finally, not everything will be a path of roses, so at uncommon we advise you to be prepared to dodge potholes, manage crises, and face all the changes that may come. You must have a plan B, a guide on how to react to difficulties. Consider all possible catastrophic scenarios and think about how you would manage them. There will be times when it will be necessary to improvise, but you can be well prepared for when that time comes.