More and more people have a strong environmental awareness, and this is perceived in society as a whole. But in the world of work we can also observe this attitude. Some entrepreneurs have already decided to encourage their workers to collaborate with the environment, and have created ecological policies in their companies. If you also want your company to commit to the care of the environment you just have to follow some tips.
Steps to follow:
1. Inform employees. Workers do not have to be up to date on environmental issues, they may have no interest and not be informed about what they can do; There will even be those who do not believe in this type of measures. To do this, you can do small environmental awareness campaigns. Good communication within the company is also a good way to not spoil a good atmosphere. In addition, you have to be aware that you cannot force anyone to do according to what kind of activities, so your speech may not sound too imposing.
2. Plan environmental objectives. You have to be clear about what you want to do, but you also have to be aware that not everything can be possible or go as you wish. It is better to start with small goals, not wanting to go directly big. In the beginning, introduce some recycling campaigns, and gradually add other more complex actions. So you can also see and assess how workers respond to the proposals.
3. It facilitates the work. Not getting too complicated is essential in these cases. Something simple and simple is more effective. Workers are sufficiently busy in their positions to have to be aware of other things in which they may not have much interest. Facilitate the situation and make the measures adopted comfortable and practical.
4. Perform enjoyable activities to not overwhelm. We insist employees do not have to perceive this change in attitude as an obligation, they should not feel pressured to do something they do not want, but we must try to make them want to be part of this experience. We can present the activities as a game and reward, for example, the most committed employees. This will increase their desire to continue participating in this project.
5. Patience and go ahead! Start small and ensure each step to complete actions that are rooted in the behavior of the company’s workers. Here are a few actions with which you can start collaborating with the environment: – Recycle – Promote the use of products and less polluting technologies – Better manage water and electricity resources